Ithaca Climate Summary for April 2000
- With a monthly average temperature of 43.7 degrees, April 2000 averaged 0.3 degrees cooler than normal.
- This April was just 0.1 degrees warmer than April 1999.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 76 degrees on the 15th.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 23 degrees on the 13th.
- April precipitation totalled 4.59 inches, which represented 158% of normal.
- This was the 8th wettest April since records began in 1879 and the most since 1996.
- Every month in the year 2000, so far, has been wetter than normal.
- The accumulated excess for the last four months is 3.85 inches.
- April snowfall totalled 5.2 inches, 1.3 inches more than normal.
- This was more than both April 1998 and 1999, when there was no measurable snow.
- The monthly snowfall all came from one event on the 9th-10th.
- The seasonal snowfall total at month's end was 63.7 inches, 3.2 inches less than normal,
but only 0.3 inches less than last winter.
Keith L. Eggleston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Northeast Regional Climate Center