Ithaca Climate Summary for April 2004
- With an average temperature of 44.5 degrees, the month averaged 0.7 degrees warmer than normal.
- This was 2 degrees warmer than last April.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 82 degrees on the 29th.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 19 degrees on the 5th.
- The April precipitation total was 4.30 inches, which was 131% of normal.
- This was the wettest April since 2000.
- This was the first month since December that was wetter than normal.
- April snowfall totaled just 1.9 inches, which was about half of normal.
- This month's snowfall came from a single event recorded on the 5th.
- The last three months have each had below normal snowfall.
- Seasonal snowfall for Ithaca now stands at 73.6 inches, 5.6 inches above normal.
Keith L. Eggleston (KLE1@cornell.edu)
Northeast Regional Climate Center