Ithaca Climate Summary for April 2005
- With an average temperature of 46.2 degrees, the month averaged 2.4 degrees warmer than normal.
- Maximum temperatures averaged 4.2 degrees above normal, but minimum temperatures were only 0.6 degrees above normal.
- This was the warmest April since 2002.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 79 degrees on the 19th.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 22 degrees on the 12th.
- The April precipitation total was 4.58 inches, which was 139% of normal.
- Nearly two-thirds of this total (2.88 inches) came between the 2nd and 4th.
- The month also featured a long dry spell, with no rain reported between the 9th and 20th.
- This was the wettest of the last five Aprils.
- There was no snowfall reported during April.
- This was the fourth time in the last twenty-one years that there was no snow in April.
- The season-to-date snowfall total still stands at 79.9 inches.
Keith L. Eggleston (KLE1@cornell.edu)
Northeast Regional Climate Center