Ithaca Climate Summary for April 1995
- The average temperature for April was 40.4 degrees. This was 3.6 degrees
cooler than normal and the coolest March since 1975.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 74 degrees on the 28th.
- The coldest temperature occurred on the 10th, when the temperature fell to
- The April precipitation total was 2.18 inches, which is 61% of normal.
- This April's precipitation was roughly a third (35%) of last year's April
- This was the third month in a row with below normal precipitation, yielding
three-month deficit of 2.08 inches
- This was the driest April and the driest January-April period since 1989.
- The monthly snowfall total was 2.1 inches. The April normal is 3.9
- Each month from October through April had below normal snowfall.
- The seasonal total of 40.7 inches is more than two feet (26.2 inches) below
- This season total is the lowest since 1979-80 with 40.3 inches. You have to
look back to 1952-53 to find another winter this low (40.2 inches).
Keith L. Eggleston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Northeast Regional Climate Center