Ithaca Climate Summary for April 1999
- With an average temperature of 43.4 degrees, the month of April 1999 averaged 0.4 degrees cooler than normal.
- This April was 2.9 degrees cooler than last April.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 76 degrees on the 3rd.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 21 degrees on the 5th and 11th.
- April precipitation totalled 2.22 inches, which was 76% of normal.
- Year-to-date precipitation is 1.18 inches ahead of normal.
- The month ended with a string of 6 consecutive days with no rain. This string continued into May.
- There was no measureable snowfall this April (although there was a trace on the 12th). The normal April amount is 3.9 inches.
- This was the second year in a row with no April snowfall. Prior to 1998, the last time Ithaca had a snowless April was 1984.
- Seasonal snowfall stands at 64 inches, which is 3 inches less than the normal.
Keith L. Eggleston (email@example.com)
Northeast Regional Climate Center