Ithaca Climate Summary for August 1996
- The month of August averaged 1.3 degrees warmer than normal, but 2 degrees cooler than the same month a year ago.
- There were no 90 degree temperatures during August. The warmest reading was 87 degrees on the 7th.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 46 degrees on 11th.
- Precipitation was abundant during the first 17 days of August, but dry thereafter. Only 0.04 inches fell during the last two weeks of the month.
- The total precipitation for the month was 4.63 inches, which was 1.19 inches more than or 135% of the monthly normal.
- The month received 3.58 inches more rain than August 1995.
- It was the 2nd wettest August in the last 17 years.
- The annual accumulation to date (January through July) of 25.98 inches is 6.61 inches above normal.
- The greatest one-day amount was 1.93 inches for the 24 hours ending on the morning of the 9th.
Keith L. Eggleston (email@example.com)
Northeast Regional Climate Center