Ithaca Climate Summary for August 1998
- With an average temperature of 69.5 degrees, the month of August 1998 averaged 2.6 degrees warmer than normal.
- This was the warmest August since 1995 and was 2.8 degrees warmer than last August.
- Eight of the last nine months have had a monthly temperature that averaged warmer than normal.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 87 degrees on both the 8th and 9th.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 41 degrees on the 20th.
- August precipitation totalled 1.99 inches, which was 58% of normal.
- This was the third of the last nine months that was drier than normal.
- This was the driest August since 1995 and the second driest in the last twenty-five years.
- From July 10th through the August 10th, only 0.41 inches of rain fell and only two days recorded more than 0.01 inch.
- The year-to-date precipitation total of 26.34 inches was 3.37 inches greater than normal.
Keith L. Eggleston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Northeast Regional Climate Center