Ithaca Climate Summary for August 1999
- With an average temperature of 66.5 degrees, the month of August 1999 averaged 0.4 degrees cooler than normal.
- This August was 3 degrees cooler than August 1998.
- This was the first cooler than normal month since April.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 90 degrees on the 17th.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 39 degrees on the 31st.
- August precipitation totalled 2.87 inches, which was 83% of normal.
- This was the fifth consecutive dry month.
- This August was wetter than August 1998 and August 1997.
- The year-to-date precipitation total was 17.14 inches, which was 5.83 inches below normal.
- This was the driest April-August period on record with only 9.18 inches - 54% of normal.
Keith L. Eggleston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Northeast Regional Climate Center