Ithaca Climate Summary for December 1999
- With a monthly average temperature of 30 degrees, the final month of 1999 averaged 2.4 degrees warmer than normal.
- This was eighth warmer-than-normal month of the year.
- This December was 3.9 degrees cooler than December 1998.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 65 degrees on the 5th.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 1 degree on the 24th and 28th.
- December precipitation totalled 1.25 inches, which represented 49% of normal.
- Most of the month's precipitation came in the form of rain.
- This month was 0.04 inches drier than December 1998, but was otherwise the driest December since 1989.
- Nine months this year were drier than normal.
- The last three months of the year had an accumulated deficit of 3.18 inches.
- The 1999 precipitation total was 29.77 inches, which was 5.63 inches below normal.
- The 1999-2000 snow season continued to show a lack of significant activity. The monthly total of 6.1 inches was 9.2 inches less than normal.
- All but a half-inch of this month's snow was recorded between the 24th and 28th.
- Last December only 5.1 inches of snow fell in December, while 31.3 inches fell in December 1997.
- The seasonal snowfall total now stands at 10.2 inches, 11 inches less than the normal.
Keith L. Eggleston (email@example.com)
Northeast Regional Climate Center