Ithaca Climate Summary for February 1995
- Ithaca's string of warm months ended, as February brought the first colder
than normal month since October. The average temperature was 19.9 degrees, which
was 2.7 degrees colder than normal, yet was warmer than the last two Februarys.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 50 degrees on the 20th.
- There were 8 days during the month when the temperature dropped below zero.
The coldest of these was the 13th, when the temperature fell to -6 degrees.
- No temperature records were set this month.
- The February precipitation total was 1.82 inches. This was 0.18 inches below
(or 91% of) normal.
- Better than half of this monthly total fell in just one day, as 1.03 inches
was recorded on the 28th.
- This was the 5th February in a row with less than the monthly normal of 2.00
- The monthly snowfall total was 11 inches. The February normal is 14.7
- The seasonal total of 31.8 inches is 21 inches below (60% of) normal.
- This amount pales in comparison to last winter's snowfall total through the
end of February, which was 85.5 inches.
- The seasonal total to date is also the lowest since the winter of
Keith L. Eggleston (email@example.com)
Northeast Regional Climate Center