Ithaca Climate Summary for February 1996
- The month of February averaged 0.3 degrees colder than normal.
- The first week of the month, however, averaged 15 degrees colder than
- This February was 2.4 degrees warmer than February 1995 and was a degree
warmer than last month.
- The month's warmest temperature was 52 degrees on the 21st.
- The coldest temperature of the month was -10 degrees recorded on both the
and the 5th.
- Precipitation for the month totalled 1.34 inches, which was 0.66 inches
below or 67% of normal.
- There were only 4 days with over 0.1 inch of precipitation-all of these
events were just rain.
- The February snowfall total was 6.5 inches, which was 8.2 inches below
- This was the lowest February total since 1965.
- The greatest amount in one day was 1.7 inches on the 14th.
- The seasonal snowfall total now stands at 78.2 inches, which is 25.5 inches
- Despite the paltry amount of snow for this month, this was the fifth highest
October-February snowfall total on record.
- Snowfall totals for surrounding communities included 8.5 inches in
Groton and 6.4 inches in Freeville.
Keith L. Eggleston (email@example.com)
Northeast Regional Climate Center