Ithaca Climate Summary for July 2001
- With an average temperature of 66.9 degrees, the month averaged 1.7 degrees cooler than normal.
- This was only the second cooler-than-normal month this year, so far.
- The average temperature this July was 1.5 degrees warmer than July 2000, but cooler than each of the previous 7 Julys.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 90 degrees on the 23rd and 24th.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 42 degrees on the 27th. This was a daily record, exceeding 43 degrees in 1977.
- July precipitation totalled 3.51 inches, which represented 102% of normal.
- This was the wettest July since 1992.
- The precipitation deficit for the calendar year was reduced to 0.76 inches.
Keith L. Eggleston (email@example.com)
Northeast Regional Climate Center