Ithaca Climate Summary for July 2002
- With an average temperature of 70.6 degrees, the month averaged 1.9 degrees warmer than normal.
- This was the warmest July since 1999.
- There were five days this month with temperatures reaching at least 90 degrees (normal is two).
- The warmest temperature of the month was 91 degrees on the 2nd.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 42 degrees on the 11th.
[All normals are for the years 1971-2000.]
- July precipitation totalled 2.14 inches, which represented 60% of normal.
- This was drier than July during the last two years.
- Eight of the last ten months have been drier than normal.
- After four days with an inch or more of rain in June, July had only one such day.
- Year-to-date precipitation now stands at 22.67 inches, 2.01 inches above normal.
Keith L. Eggleston (KLE1@cornell.edu)
Northeast Regional Climate Center