Ithaca Climate Highlights for July 1995
- The average temperature for July was 71.9 degrees. This was 3.3 degrees
warmer than normal and the warmest July since 1955.
- There were 5 days with a temperature of 90 degrees or higher. The hottest
dayof these was the 14th with a high of 97 degrees. That was a new record high for
the date (old record was 94 degrees set in 1954). The temperature of 95 degrees
recorded the next day was also a new record for that date (old record 92 degrees
- The coldest temperature of the month was 47 degrees on the 3rd.
- The July precipitation total was 2.62 inches, which is 76% of normal.
- Two-thirds of this total came on just two days (17th and 24th).
- The first half of the month was particularly dry with no precipitation events
of more than 0.1 inch between the 2nd and the 16th.
- This was the sixth month in a row with below normal precipitation, yielding
a six-month deficit of 5.26 inches. This was the driest such period since 1978.
Keith L. Eggleston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Northeast Regional Climate Center