Ithaca Climate Summary for July 1996
- The month of July averaged 1.6 degrees cooler than normal and 4.9 degrees
cooler than the same month a year ago.
- This was the coolest July since 1992 and the second coolest in the last 11
- Eight of the last nine months have been cooler than normal.
- There were no extremely hot temperatures during July. The warmest reading was
85 degrees on the 18th.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 45 degrees on 28th.
- Precipitation for the month totalled 2.81 inches, which was 0.64 inches less
than or 81% of the monthly normal.
- The month was wetter than the last 3 Julys (1993-95), but drier than each of
the 9 years before that (1984-92).
- The greatest one-day amount was 0.45 inches for the 24 hours ending on the
morning of the 4th.
Keith L. Eggleston (email@example.com)
Northeast Regional Climate Center