Ithaca Climate Summary for July 1997
- With an average temperature of 67.3 degrees, the month of July was 1.3
degrees cooler than normal.
- This July was 0.3 degrees warmer than last July, but significantly cooler
than the Julys of 1993 through 1995.
- The temperature reached 90 degrees on two days-the 15th and 17th. The
warmest reading was 93 degrees on the 15th.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 44 degrees on the 20th and 30th.
- July rainfall totalled 2.89 inches, which is 84% of normal.
- Of this total, 60% or 1.76 inches fell during the first 10
days of the month.
- During the last 3 weeks of the month, only 4 days had measurable
rainfall and only one of these days had more than a quarter inch.
- The annual precipitation deficit at the end of the month was 3.84
inches, which represents 80% of normal.
- This yearıs January-July precipitation total was over 9 inches less
than the amount received through this point last year.
Keith L. Eggleston (email@example.com)
Northeast Regional Climate Center