Ithaca Climate Summary for July 1998
- With an average temperature of 68.3 degrees, the month of July 1998 averaged 0.3 degrees cooler than normal.
- This July, however, was warmer than those of the last two years.
- This month ended a string of 7 consecutive months with warmer than normal temperatures.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 86 degrees. It was recorded on four daysthe 14th, 15th, 16th and 22nd.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 47 degrees on the 26th.
- July precipitation totalled 2.53 inches, which was 73% of normal.
- This was only the second of the last nine months that was drier than normal.
- This was the driest July since 1994 and the third driest in the last fifteen years.
- The last three weeks on the month were especially dry. From the 10th through the 31st, only 0.40 inches of rain fell and only two days recorded more than 0.01 inch.
- The year-to-date precipitation total of 24.35 inches was 4.82 inches greater than normal.
Keith L. Eggleston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Northeast Regional Climate Center