Ithaca Climate Summary for July 1999
- With an average temperature of 72.2 degrees, the month of July 1999 averaged 3.6 degrees warmer than normal.
- This was the warmest July since 1955 and the 4th warmest in 127 years of record.
- This was the third consecutive warm month.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 94 degrees on the 5th and 6th.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 46 degrees on the 11th and 12th.
- July precipitation totalled 1.24 inches, which was only 36% of normal.
- This was the fourth consecutive dry month.
- Only 0.47 inches fell during the last 21 days of the month.
- This was the 4th driest July on record.
- Precipitation for the last 12 months totalled 24.06 inches - an 11.35 inch deficit and the 4th driest August-July period since records began in 1880.
- This was the driest April-July period on record with only 6.31 inches - 47% of normal.
Keith L. Eggleston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Northeast Regional Climate Center