Ithaca Climate Summary for June 2000
- With a monthly average temperature of 64.6 degrees, June 2000 averaged 0.7 degrees warmer than normal.
- Maximum temperatures during the month averaged 0.7 degrees cooler than normal, but minimum temperatures average 2.2 degrees warmer than normal.
- This June was 2.8 degrees cooler than June 1999.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 89 degrees on the 10th.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 38 degrees on the 4th.
- June precipitation totalled 4.86 inches, which represented 129% of normal.
- There were 17 days this month with measurable precipitation (5 more than normal) and another 3 days with a trace.
- Every month in the year 2000, so far, has been wetter than normal.
- The January-June precipitation total of 23.34 inches was 7.27 inches more than normal and the 4th wettest January-June total on record.
Keith L. Eggleston (email@example.com)
Northeast Regional Climate Center