Ithaca Climate Summary for June 2001
- With an average temperature of 65.2 degrees, the month averaged 1.3 degrees warmer than normal.
- Five out of six months this year have been warmer than normal.
- The average temperature this June was 0.4 degrees warmer than June 2000.
- June 1993 was the last June that was cooler than normal.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 90 degrees on the 14th and 19th.
- These were the first 90 degree temperatures reported since August 17, 1999.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 34 degrees on the 1st.
- June precipitation totalled 4.85 inches, which represented 129% of normal.
- This total was just 0.01 inch less than June 2000.
- The precipitation deficit for the calendar year was reduced to 0.82 inches.
Keith L. Eggleston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Northeast Regional Climate Center