Ithaca Climate Summary for June 2004
- With an average temperature of 62.5 degrees, the month averaged 1.9 degrees cooler than normal.
- This was the coolest June since 1992.
- This month broke a string of three consecutive warmer-than-normal months.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 90 degrees on the 9th.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 39 degrees on the 4th and 12th.
- The June precipitation total was 2.86 inches, which was 74% of normal.
- This was the driest June since 1999.
- This month followed two wetter-than-normal months.
- There were 13 days with measurable precipitation, which was normal for June.
- Year-to-date precipitation was 18.27 inches at month's end. This was 1.15 inches more than normal for this time of year.
Keith L. Eggleston (KLE1@cornell.edu)
Northeast Regional Climate Center