Ithaca Climate Highlights for June 1995
- The average temperature for June was 66.9 degrees. This was 3.0 degrees
warmer than normal, but 0.2 degrees cooler than June 1994.
- There was a string of 11 straight days with temperatures of at least 80
degrees. Amidst these days was the warmest day of the month (the 19th) when the
mercury soared to a high of 93 degrees.
- The coldest temperature occurred on the 13th when the low was 40 degrees.
- The June precipitation total was only 2.09 inches, which is 55% of
- This was the fifth month in a row with below normal precipitation, yielding
afive-month deficit of 4.43 inches
- This five-month period (February-June) was the second driest such period in
the last 30 years. Only Feb-Jun 1978 was drier.
- There were only 8 days with measurable rainfall during the month. The June
normal is 12 days.
Keith L. Eggleston (email@example.com)
Northeast Regional Climate Center