Ithaca Climate Summary for June 1996
- The month of June averaged 2.9 degrees warmer than normal and just 0.1 degrees cooler than the same month a year ago.
- This was the first warmer than normal month since October 1995.
- The warmest weather of the month came between the 7th and 16th, with nine of these ten days reporting high temperatures in the 80's. The temperature hit 85 degrees on three days - the 8th, 9th, and 11th.
- The hottest temperature recorded during the month was 87 degrees on the 30th.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 39 degrees on 1st.
- Precipitation for the month totalled 3.77 inches, which was exactly equal to the monthly normal.
- This was 1.68 inches more than was measured in June 1995, but 1.4 inches less than June 1994.
- The greatest one-day amount was 0.86 inches from the evening of the 29th through morning of the 30th.
Keith L. Eggleston (email@example.com)
Northeast Regional Climate Center