Ithaca Climate Summary for June 1999
- With an average temperature of 67.4 degrees, the month of June 1999 averaged 3.5 degrees warmer than normal.
- This was the warmest June since 1967 and the 6th warmest in 127 years of record.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 92 degrees on the 27th.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 38 degrees on the 16th.
- The maximum temperataure of 91 degrees on the 7th tied the record for that day.
- June precipitation totalled 2.04 inches, which was 54% of normal.
- About three-quarters of the June rainfall (1.44 inches) came on the last five days of the month.
- This was the driest June since 1991.
- Precipitation for the last 12 months totalled 25.35 inches - a 10.06 inch deficit and the 4th driest July-June period since records began in 1880.
Keith L. Eggleston (email@example.com)
Northeast Regional Climate Center