Ithaca Climate Summary for May 2001
- With an average temperature of 57.9 degrees, the month averaged 2.9 degrees warmer than normal.
- The average temperature this May was within 0.1 degrees of May of the last two years.
- The last four Mays have been warmer than normal.
- Four of the last five months have been warmer than normal.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 86 degrees on the 1st, 3rd and 4th.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 33 degrees on the 6th.
- The month's last freezing temperature (32 degrees or lower) occurred on the 15th.
- May precipitation totalled 2.04 inches, which represented 62% of normal.
- The first part of the month was especially dry, with only 0.46 inches falling through the 17th.
- Six out of the last seven months have been drier than normal.
- Precipitation for the calendar year is 1.9 inches below normal.
- There was no snowfall during May.
Keith L. Eggleston (email@example.com)
Northeast Regional Climate Center