Ithaca Climate Summary for November 2000
- With a monthly average temperature of 37.7 degrees, November 2000 averaged 1.5 degrees cooler than normal.
- This November was 6 degrees cooler than November 1999.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 67 degrees on the 8th.
- The coldest temperature was 9 degrees on the 23rd.
- November precipitation totalled 1.90 inches, which represented 62% of normal.
- Precipitation has been below normal in 5 of the last 6 months.
- This was the second driest November in the last 13 years.
- The January-November 2000 precipitation total of 36.51 inches was 3.68 inches more than normal.
- November snowfall totalled 3.9 inches, 1.5 inches below normal.
- This snow was the result of two events. On the morning of the 23rd, 1.9 inches was recorded and 2.0 inches was measured on the morning of the 30th.
- This was the third consecutive year with below normal November snowfall.
Keith L. Eggleston (email@example.com)
Northeast Regional Climate Center