Ithaca Climate Summary for November 2002
- With an average temperature of 38.1 degrees, the month averaged 0.8 degrees cooler than normal.
- The daily maximum temperatures for the month averaged 2.9 degrees cooler than normal, while the average daily minimum temperature was 1.4 degrees warmer than normal.
- This was the second cooler-than-normal month in a row.
- This November was 7 degrees cooler than November 2001.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 67 degrees on the 11th (at 4 am).
- The coldest temperature of the month was 16 degrees on the 28th.
- The November precipitation total was 3.15 inches, which represented 102% of normal.
- This was wetter than each of the last four Novembers.
- Year-to-date precipitation now stands at 36.01 inches, 1.79 inches above normal.
[All normals are for the years 1971-2000.]
- Total snowfall for the month was 9.6 inches, 3.7 inches above normal.
- This was the most snow for the month of November since 1997 (10.5 inches).
- Last winter, there was only 2.1 inches of snow through the end of December.
Keith L. Eggleston (KLE1@cornell.edu)
Northeast Regional Climate Center