Ithaca Climate Summary for November 1995
- The average temperature for November was 34.3 degrees. This was 4.9 degrees
cooler than normal.
- It was the coolest November since 1976.
- The month's warmest temperature was 69 degrees on the 2nd.
- The temperature plunged into the single digits one night during November.
month's lowest temperature was 7 degrees, occurring just before midnight on the
- Ithaca was fortunate to have above normal precipitation again in November.
Precipitation for the month totalled 3.81 inches, which was 0.73 inches above
or 124% of normal.
- It was not as wet as the last two Novembers, but was wetter than each of the
seven Novembers prior to that.
- Two days during the month had more than an inch of precipitation (rain
melted snow). There were only four such days total in the preceding 11
- The year-to-date precipitation deficit at the end of November totalled 5.40
inches or 84% of normal.
- Snowfall during totalled an amazing 19.1 inches. This was more than triple
the November normal of 5.4 inches.
- This was the snowiest November of this century. The only November to receive
more snow was 1886 when 32 inches fell. The previous record for this century
was 17.8 inches in 1951.
- The snow cover was quite durable this month. There were 16 days with an inch
or more of snow on the ground. This was the most since 1951 and more than
tripled the average of 5 days.
- Snowfall totals for surrounding communities included 26.2 inches in
Groton, 20 to 25 inches in Freeville, and 30 inches in Cortland.
Keith L. Eggleston (email@example.com)
Northeast Regional Climate Center