Ithaca Climate Summary for November 1999
- With a monthly average temperature of 43.7 degrees, the month of November 1999 averaged 4.5 degrees warmer than normal.
- This was seventh warmer-than-normal month so far this year.
- This was the 5th warmest November since records began in 1873 and the warmest since 1975.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 70 degrees on the 9th.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 21 degrees on the 17th.
- November precipitation totalled 2.77 inches, which represented 90% of normal.
- Rainfall reported on the 26th-27th accounted for 1.55 inches of the monthly total.
- This month was 1.52 inches wetter than November 1998, but was otherwise the driest November since 1990.
- Eight of eleven months have been drier than normal this year.
- The year-to-date precipitation total at the end of the month was 28.52 inches, which was 4.31 inches below normal.
- The 1999-2000 snow season got started in November with a total of 4.1 inches of snow from two events.
- This monthıs snowfall was 1.3 inches below the monthly normal.
- Last year there was no snow through the end of November.
Keith L. Eggleston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Northeast Regional Climate Center