Ithaca Climate Summary for October 2000
- With a monthly average temperature of 50.2 degrees, October 2000 averaged 1.2 degrees warmer than normal.
- This was the warmest October since 1995 and 2.9 degrees warmer than October 1999.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 78 degrees on the 14th.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 27 degrees on the 23rd and 30th.
- October precipitation totalled 3.30 inches, which represented 102% of normal.
- This was the wettest October since 1996 and 1.60 inches wetter than October 1999.
- The January-October 2000 precipitation total of 34.61 inches was 4.87 inches more than normal.
- For the seventh consecutive year, there was no measurable snow during October. Trace amounts, however, were recorded on the 9th and 10th and small accumulations were noted in some outlying areas.
Keith L. Eggleston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Northeast Regional Climate Center