Ithaca Climate Summary for October 2001
- With an average temperature of 51.5 degrees, the month averaged 2.5 degrees warmer than normal.
- This month was 1.3 degrees warmer than last October and was the warmest October since 1995.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 79 degrees on the 3rd.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 25 degrees on the 29th.
- A low temperature of 26 degrees on the 9th broke the record for that day of 27 degrees set in 1989.
- October precipitation totalled 1.80 inches, which represented 55% of normal.
- This was 1.5 inches less than last October.
- Year-to-date precipitation is now 30.10 inches (just 0.35 inches above normal).
- For the 8th year in a row, there was no measurable snowfall during the month of October.
Keith L. Eggleston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Northeast Regional Climate Center