Ithaca Climate Summary for October 1998
- With an average temperature of 50.0 degrees, the month of October 1998 averaged 1 degree warmer than normal.
- This was 2 degrees warmer than October 1997.
- Ten of the last eleven months have had a monthly temperature that averaged warmer than normal.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 80 degrees on the 18th.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 27 degrees on the 31st.
- The 27 degree temperature on the 31st was this fall's first "hard freeze"
(temperature of 28 degrees or below). This occurred two weeks later than normal.
- October precipitation totalled 3.02 inches, which was 93% of normal.
- This was the fourth consecutive drier than normal month.
- This month was 1.76 inches wetter than last October.
- The year-to-date precipitation total of 31.68 inches was 1.93 inches greater than normal.
- There was no snowfall reported this month, but sleet was noted on the 21st.
Keith L. Eggleston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Northeast Regional Climate Center