Ithaca Climate Summary for September 2000
- With a monthly average temperature of 59.9 degrees, September 2000 averaged just 0.1 degrees warmer than normal.
- This was the coolest September since 1997.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 86 degrees on the 2nd.
- This was only the third time that the temperature exceeded 85 degrees this year.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 26 degrees on the 29th. This broke the daily record of 28 degrees set in 1942.
- September precipitation totalled 3.36 inches, which represented 95% of normal.
- This was the third consecutive drier-than-normal month, after six consecutive wet months to start the year.
- The January-September 2000 precipitation total of 31.31 inches was 4.81 inches more than normal.
Keith L. Eggleston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Northeast Regional Climate Center