Ithaca Climate Summary for September 2001
- With an average temperature of 59.7 degrees, the month averaged just 0.1 degrees cooler than normal.
- This month was cooler than the last three Septembers.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 86 degrees on the 9th.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 33 degrees on the 30th.
- September precipitation totalled 5.91 inches, which represented 167% of normal.
- This was the 10th wettest September since records began in 1873.
- This was the wettest of any month since September 1999.
- The bulk of the monthıs rainfall came from one event on September 24-26.
- Rainfall for the 24 hours ending at 8am on the 25th was 3.90 inches. This was the sixth greatest one-day amount since 1926. The record 24-hour precipitation amount for Ithaca is 7.90 recorded in July 1935
- Rainfall for the 48 hours ending at 8am on the 26th was 4.08 inches. This was the seventh greatest two-day amount since 1926.
- Year-to-date precipitation is now 28.30 inches (1.80 inches above normal).
Keith L. Eggleston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Northeast Regional Climate Center