Ithaca Climate Summary for September 1996
- The month of September averaged 0.6 degrees warmer than normal and 2.6 degrees warmer than the same month a year ago.
- The warmest reading was 83 degrees on the 3rd.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 34 degrees on 24th.
- The only 90 degree days recorded this year occurred in the month of May.
- There was a steady supply of precipitation this month. There were 20 dayswith rainfall reported.
- The total precipitation for the month was 4.39 inches, which was 0.86 inchesmore than or 124% of the monthly normal.
- The month received 2.45 inches more rain than August 1995.
- The annual precipitation accumulation to date (January through September) of 33.97 inches is 7.47 inches above normal.
- The greatest one-day amount this month was 1.08 inches for the 24 hoursending on the morning of the 18th.
Keith L. Eggleston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Northeast Regional Climate Center