Ithaca Climate Summary for September 1998
- With an average temperature of 62.8 degrees, the month of September 1998 averaged 3 degrees warmer than normal.
- This was the warmest September since 1971.
- Nine of the last ten months have had a monthly temperature that averaged warmer than normal.
- The warmest temperature of the month was 90 degrees on the 6th.
- This was the first time that September was the only month of the year with a 90 degree temperature.
- The coldest temperature of the month was 32 degrees on the 24th.
- September precipitation totalled 2.32 inches, which was 66% of normal.
- This was the third consecutive drier than normal month.
- This month was 0.90 inches drier than last September.
- The year-to-date precipitation total of 28.66 inches was 2.16 inches greater than normal.
Keith L. Eggleston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Northeast Regional Climate Center